Living mirrors

Last night I had to stay late to work. But this time it was not a burden to do so.
I had the oportunity to talk to this young man that works with me about christian life.

He shared with me that recently his mother had told him that his problems were because he was not having a close relationship with God.

Suddletly, the next hour went by flying.

He told me that he used to go to church when he was younger, and that he even was a youth leader in his church and that he -and I quote-"even preached".

He also shared with me that once he was leading the worship along with other 400 people in his church and that it was a great experience!

The only problem was that he was no longer going to church.

He even sang to me a couple of songs that he "liked very much".

I could not resist but to ask him: that was then, what about now?

We cannot live out of past experiences, memories, past victories.

But what about TODAY?
How is our relationship with God TODAY?
What did he said to me TODAY?
Did I address him TODAY?

Many times we think that just because "we preached" or "lead a group" back then its OK now, no need for commitment to God. We are wrong.

If we eat everyday because our body needs it, why not communicate with God? Our spirit needs it, we need it, we must desire it.

Our pastor Carlos taught us that other's attitudes are just reflections of our own.

Last night I had to stay late to work. But this time it was not a burden to do so.
I had the opportunity to talk to this young man that works with me about christian life...and I saw myself in him.

Comentarios

Entradas populares de este blog

¿Eres de los nuestros, o de nuestros enemigos?

DIOS es un DIOS planificador

Muros vs Cercas